Raleigh-Durham International Airport
Curbside access is reserved for cars actively loading or unloading passengers. Parking on the terminal curb is prohibited. If someone is picking you up, make arrangements prior to arriving at the airport. If someone is picking you up, consider maintaining cell-phone contact with the person who is picking you up call them when you are ready to exit the terminals.
Ground Transportation from RDU
RDU Airport offers passengers a variety of transportation options:
Triangle Transit offers bus and train transportation to many destinations in the Raleigh area.
Driving by car from RDU to the Raleigh Convention Center: take I-40E toward Raleigh; S Saunders St. exit – 298B toward downtown; Merge onto S Saunders, 401 N; Continue on 401 N. Turn right onto Lenoir St.
Supershuttle from RDU Airport to Conference Center and Hotels
The SuperShuttle is the easiest and most cost effective way to get from the RDU International Airport to the conference hotels. All participants for the WWW2010 Conference and WebSci10 will also receive a $2.00 discount. We encourage you to book round trip with the SuperShuttle to maximize your discount. Please use the following links when making your reservations:
SUPERSHUTTLE ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE PROCEDURES – (SuperShuttle Van Service)
Reservations are not necessary but are suggested for arrival into RDU International Airport.
- Claim your luggage.
- Proceed to the SuperShuttle Customer Service Counter located in the Baggage Claim area at each terminal.
- Identify yourself to the Guest Service Representative by providing your name and as being with either the “WWW2010” group or “WebSci2010” group.
- A Guest Service Representative will call your SuperShuttle service to take you to your destination. Please note that due to FAA and airport security regulations, our vans cannot be waiting at the curb for passenger pick up. Vans will wait in an off terminal holding lot until passengers are ready for pick up.
- If a Guest Service Representative is not stationed at the SuperShuttle desk, please pick up the red phone. Once on the phone, please inform dispatch of which group you are with, your name, hotel, and confirmation number if available. They will dispatch a van for you in place of our Guest Service Representative.
Departing from RDU Airport
Arrive at the airport at least two hours before your flight departs to allow enough time for parking, check-in and security checkpoint. Curbside access is reserved for cars actively loading or unloading passengers. Parking on the terminal curb is prohibited. If someone is dropping you off, make arrangements prior to arriving at the airport. Check-in any sports equipment, such as golf clubs, lacrosse sticks, tennis rackets and pool cues. Only ticketed passengers are permitted beyond the security checkpoint. The baggage claim areas are designated meet and greet locations. If you are picking someone up from the airport, consider maintaining cell-phone contact with the person you are picking up and ask them to call you when they are ready to exit the terminals.
As you prepare for your flight, remember these tips for navigating security checkpoints:
- Only ticketed passengers are permitted past security checkpoint; however, arrangements can be made for non-travelers to accompany children and travelers requiring special assistance.
- Bags may be hand searched at ticket counter and security checkpoints and may receive additional screening at the boarding gate.
- While in line at the checkpoint, please remove your cell phone and pager, take out your keys and coins and put them in your carry-on bag. This will save time once you arrive at the metal detector.
- Keep all bags and personal items with you at all times. Do not accept any items from someone you do not know and report any unattended items to airport or security personnel.
- Remove all computers from carry-on bags for security screening. You may be asked to turn the device on.
Helpful Tips for Traveling in the U.S.
- Limit carry-on items to one bag and one personal item, such as a handbag or briefcase. Clearly label all luggage.
- Bring a government-issued ID.
- Liquids and gels permitted through security checkpoint are limited. Travel size toiletries (3 ounces or less) are permitted and must be placed in ONE quart-size, clear plastic zip-lock bag. Remove all other liquids and gel items from carry on luggage. For more information, please refer to this announcement by the TSA.
- Remove sharp objects from your carry-on bags before you arrive at the airport. Items most commonly left behind at security checkpoint include; lighters, pocketknives and mace. Items that are permitted include small scissors, tweezers, nail clippers and eyelash curlers. For a complete list of permitted and prohibited items.<
- Wait to wrap gifts until you arrive at your destination. Gifts may be unwrapped at the security checkpoint and during random security checks.
- Put all undeveloped film and cameras with film into your carry-on bag. Checked baggage screening equipment will damage undeveloped film.
- Pack smart to get through faster. Keep luggage organized by layering items; this will increase visibility for the security officers.